Are You A Good Role Model?

9:21:00 AM


Do you have a role model? If so (nearly everyone has one), why is that person your role model? It may be because that person is smart, funny, sweet, athletic, strong, beautiful.....etc. BUT, if that person had an ugly heart, you wouldn't notice how pretty or athletic she/he was. Most likely, that person wouldn't be your role model, either. You see, while the outward appearance can matter, the inside speaks much louder than anything else. If someone has an ugly heart, most likely they aren't a role model to anyone. This begs me to ask the question, are you a good role model?

People are always watching us, observing what we do, and how we do it. We want to have a happy heart in everything we do, because it all goes back to the Lord. 




Ephesians 5:1-2 
Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.
You may not think anyone is noticing you help the lady at the grocery store, or help a child cross the street, or even vacuuming your house without complaining. But someone is always watching. You want to be a good role model for your siblings, your friends, your family, and to random strangers at the gas station. 

So, to break it down...

Happy Heart, Cheerful Countenance=Role Model Quality

Grumpy Heart, Nasty Attitude=NOT Role Model Quality



That is the biggest part of being a good role model. BUT, a good role model is also...

Responsible
Aware
Gentle
Hard Working
Humble
Wise
Selfless

Do you have these qualities? If not, do you seek to have these qualities? 

Maybe now you are wondering how to get these qualities. "I have been so lost in myself and so selfish! How to I get these qualities? Who should I look up to?" 

I have found one person to be the best role model in the history of EVER. 

His name is Jesus Christ. He was all the qualities I described above and more. He was a perfect man, and is the best person to learn from. I would suggest reading the Bible, and reading how Jesus acts when with people and when he is alone. You can learn everything you need to be a good role model from him. Also, look at your own role models and ask your self why they are your role model. 


Don't you want to be a good role model? 

~Sapphire

2 comments:

  1. I definitely think I need some work in several of the areas you mentioned. Thank you for sharing this. - Emmaly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! As I was reading my own post I realized I have a lot to work on too!

      ~Sapphire

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.