Role Models

9:15:00 AM



Role models. We all have some, whether we realize it or not. Some of my role models include my mom and my two grandmas.

What would be some characteristics of a good role model? Well, probably someone who is older and wiser than you; someone who's walked the path you're walking now. Someone who can give you good, objective advice that's not based on emotions. They should be someone who values God, family, and church. Someone who will show you truth in the middle of your situation.

But why are role models so important? Role models are people we look up to and admire. We want to walk in their footsteps. That's why we must be careful who our role models are because we will become like them. We will pick up on their habits and glean from all the examples they show us through their lives.

What about becoming a good role model? Believe it or not, you're probably already a role model to someone you know. It may be a little sibling, a kid from church, or a younger friend who looks up to you. People are watching us and when younger kids see us do something they will do it to. That's why it's so important to abide in Christ so we can be good examples.

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John 15:5 KJV)

So who are some of your role models and what characteristics do you strive to copy in them?

<3 blue topaz

1 comment:

  1. Some of my role models are my mom, my older brother, Joshua, my dad, and friends at church. I agree we should all strive to be a good role model because there are little eyes watching us, and because we want to honor God by being a good example to others. - Emmaly

    ReplyDelete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.