1 Corinthians 1:27



There are times when I've felt foolish and other times when I've felt weak. Doubt enters my mind and sticks its dirty fingers into my thoughts. I'm not enough. I'm too weak and foolish to do something for God. Have you had similar thoughts?

I've also had times where I've felt wise and mighty. Pride fills my head with thoughts like I know so much more about that topic than he does, or I could take that project with ease.

Both of these situations usually end in disaster. Either I don't do something I could have or I overstep my bounds. Neither doubt nor pride can help you when you feel this way. Instead we should choose belief and humility. Humility to realize that we are nothing without Christ and belief to have faith that God can use even us.

God will always be working on the faith-and-humility-filled believer who chooses to submit to His will.

Even though there may be times when we feel weak and foolish, God has chosen us not to show His strength. Just as someone must twist a key to unlock a door, God must twist us to unlock the heart's of others. God uses our weakness and our foolishness to show the world His great strength and amazing wisdom.

Maybe you've had a time where you've felt strong and wise. How can we avoid this trap? Instead of focusing on ourselves, we should focus on God and others. Choosing humility shows the world that we're not in this for ourselves. When we put things into perspective, we realize how much we don't know, and we learn to put the future in God's capable hands. An example of humility would be Jesus, who humbly laid down His life for the lives of others.

What if you feel weak and foolish, like our verse says? Know that God can work through your weakness and foolishness to manifest Himself, and that He will use you to be a light to those who are "wise and mighty". We must remember again that it's not not about us - but about God and all the wonderful things He has already done. An example of faith would be Peter walking on the water toward Jesus. As long as we keep our eyes on Him, we can stay afloat in the boat of life.

Isn't it amazing to think that God has chosen us - our weaknesses and foolishness - to confound the strength and wisdom of men?

"Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. " (1 Cor. 1:25 KJV)

Even though to the world we may seem foolish and we may seem weak, remember that man's strength and wisdom will never compare to that of God's.

If you think you're wise and strong, choose humility to point you back to the One you serve.

If you're feeling weak and foolish, choose belief in God who "hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise;... and hath chosen the weak things of world to confound the things which are mighty." (1Cor. 1:27)

<3 blue topaz

P.S. I would encourage you to read the book of 1 Corinthians to get an even bigger picture of God's wisdom and strength.... you may see a reoccurring theme. :) I did.

1 comment:

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.