Does God Care?


Today we're hosting a very special guest. My (blue topaz) grandma is here to share some words of wisdom!

DOES GOD CARE?

Matthew 10:29-31. "Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing?  And one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.  But the very hairs of your head are numbered.  Fear not, therefore;  ye are of more value than many sparrows."  

There may be times in our walk with God that we wonder, "Does God really care about me, about my hurts, my trials and disappointments?  Does He know my heartaches?  Does He see and care about the small, everyday, mundane things that happen to me?"   For example:  I fail a test. My friend says something hurtful.  I wreck the car. I have a disagreement with my family. I fall and sprain an ankle. I have an illness. The list can go on and on. Does He see?  Does He care?

Our questions should always take us to God's Word for the answer. The Bible has the answer to any question or problem that we have.  The first verse we can look at is Matthew 10:31 "but the very hairs of your head are numbered."  This same verse is also found on Luke 12:7.  What does this mean?  How do we interpret this verse?  This verse means exactly what God intends it to mean. God literally has the hairs of our head numbered. Each individual tiny hair has a number.  It is estimated that each person has an average of more or less 125,000 individual strands of hair. Just think. Every morning or evening when you brush your hair, some strands fall out.  During the day, hairs are falling out of our head. And each day, tiny new hairs are forming and growing. Every time that happens, God again counts the number of hairs on our head. Think about that. He cares so much about the details of our lives that He knows how many hairs are on our head.  

Then, Matthew 10:29 tells us that of all the millions and millions of sparrows in the world, God knows when one falls to the ground.  Sparrows are probably the most numerous and the most common birds on earth.  And they are in every country of the world. And our God knows when each one falls to the ground. God sees and cares about the smallest of creatures. How much more does He care about us?

God knows how many hairs are on your head. He knows every bird that falls from the sky. Verse 31 tells us "fear not, therefore; ye are of more value than many sparrows."  Believe it. God loves you, and He certainly does care about every small and insignificant detail of your life.  Yes, God does care.

No comments:

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.