Robert Frost

2:12:00 PM

I love Frost's poems. Something about how he uses alliteration, similes, and personification make his poetry come to life in my mind. In my Literature classes, I've been introduced to several of his poems, but there are two that stick out in my mind. Dust of Snow shows that even the most insignificant things can change the way you look at life. Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening shows how the beauty of nature can tempt us from our responsibilities.

Dust of Snow
The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
Whose woods these are I think I know. 
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.


If you like these two poems I'm sure you'd like some of his other ones! Some of my other favorites from him include: The Road Not Taken, Mending Wall, Birches, and Desert Places. (Can you tell I like to read Robert Frost's poetry? :D)

On a completely different note, I recently sent an article to one of my favorite websites in the world and they published it! So if you'd like to see an article from me please go to The Rebelution: 6 Blessings and Risks to Being a Leader.

<3 blue topaz

No comments:

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.