Spring Poetry!

7:11:00 PM

It's kinda the beginning of spring here. I know sometimes it doesn't feel that way but it is. And the thing I love about spring the most is the flowers!! And that's why the picture.
So guys... I really like poetry. Can you tell? *mindblown* But for real, I fall in love with the sound of the words in poems. (That is, poems that take have a RHYTHM to them... not these throw-words-on-a-page-and-hope-for-the-best type things that pretend to be poetry.) So, I'm here to share some Emily Dickinson poems that relate to spring!! Hope you all enjoy.

"A Light Exists in Spring"
By Emily Dickinson

A light exists in spring
Not present on the year
At any other period.
When March is scarcely here

A color stands abroad
On solitary hills
That science cannot overtake,
But human nature feels.

It waits upon the lawn; 
It shows the furthest tree
Upon the furthest slope we know;
It almost speaks to me.

Then, as horizons step
Or noons report away,
Without the formula of sound,
It passes, and we stay:

A quality of loss
Affecting our content,
As trade had suddenly encroached
Upon a sacrament.

"To March"
By Emily Dickinson

Dear March, come in!
How glad I am!
I looked for you before.
Put down your hat -
You must have walked - 
How out of breath you are!
Dear March, how are you?
And the rest?
Did you leave Nature well?
Oh, March, come right upstairs with me,
I have so much to tell!

I got your letter, and the birds';
The maples never knew
That you were coming, - I declare,
How red their faces grew!
But, March, forgive me -
And all those hills

Side note: Poems are meant to be pleasing to the ear, so read these aloud to get better results!

<3 blue topaz

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this poetry, Ashely! I love Emily Dickinson, and though I'm not usually one for poetry the imagery in these is fantastic. Happy Spring!

    Thanks for stopping by @ Scattered Journal Pages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Amanda! I love to hear what people think of my posts. I love your blog and can't wait to see what you post next!!

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.