Friendship!!

8:49:00 PM
So, this post was technically suppose to be done like last week but I have good reasons for it's lateness. You see, last week some of my family was gone for a handgun class out in Nevada and between me trying to walk around and stay awake there wasn't a whole lot of time for blogging. But now I'm here (yes, I did in fact survive.) and ready to share about friendship today.


A lot of people come at friendships with the mentality of  "How can I benefit?" when in reality we should be asking "How can I be a benefit?"

Because we always come up with all these lists of what we want in a friend. We've all done it.

want my friend to be [insert any number of good qualities].

This is what I'm looking for in a friendship.

But that's not what friendship is about. Because no matter how hard we try, we're never going to find someone who exactly meets our idea of a perfect friend. Probably because there are no perfect people out there.

Instead of coming at friendships with a me mentality, we should be looking for ways to help our friends, not having our friends help us.

So, instead of asking what you can gain out of a friendship, always look for how you can help and benefit the other person.

No one wants someone who only has friends to boost his ego.

And that's all I have right now. So, have a great week! And I'm sorry about how late this was.

<3 blue topaz

4 comments:

  1. You make a good point! I think the "me" mentality is the main reason friendships fall apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for reading, Abigayle!

      Delete
  2. Great post from my daughter. She is a wonderful blessing!! She's also a pretty good shot.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.