Fruit of the Spirit: Gentleness

Hello everyone! Many of us have learned about the fruits of the Spirit: love, 
joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance (Galatians 5:22-23) to name them all. 
These are important qualities for your character. I’ve decided to write about gentlenessGentleness is a magnet attracting anyone who sets eyes on you. 
Though it can be thought that the gentle are weak, I would say that they are the strongest. 
The amount of strength and self-control needed to be gentle is much more
than the amount of strength it takes to just be rough. 
I really wanted to talk about gentleness from my perspective, which is one of 
someone who is naturally muscular, and sometimes too rough. I have learned 
that though I may have physical strength, this doesn’t in itself make me 
strong. I have a hard time being gentle, if that is with my stuff, or with 
anything. Thankfully through prayer God is helping me to become gentler, and 
I praise God for it. I can see in different people a quiet gentleness, and I 
admire that quality. My big brother is a very gentle person, careful and 
thoughtful in his actions. Sometimes my lack of gentleness results in creating 
more work for myself, sometimes hurt feelings. All the fruits of the Spirit 
help us to walk with Christ and represent Him well. When you use the 
different fruits of the Spirit, it goes like the domino effect. One person is 
gentle, then another sees the attractiveness in their gentleness and continues the path by being gentle themselves, plus this draws others to 
Jesus. Start your own domino effect, try being especially gentle through 
prayer and the power of the Holy Spirit; see what a difference it makes. I 
hope you have a fantastic day! God bless! ~Diamond

                                                                                                     

5 comments:

  1. Hi Diamond, I haven't checked in for a week or so and am presently surprised by new entries. It's like having a beautiful devotional written by my grand daughter where your love for our Lord and understanding of His word blesses me beyond measure.

    Please keep up the blog, I so enjoy it. It is an awesome joy to read and blessing to start my day! Love Grandma Evelyn

    PS, I can see I may have to make a volume II book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grandma Evelyn! Yes, I post every Wednesday I can on the Blog. It is such a blessing hearing from you! I loved the book you made after my posts, that really touched my heart. Thank you so much Grandma!

      Delete
  2. Today is Wednesday so maybe a new post will go up if you have time. Have an incredibly awesome day Diamond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The amount of strength and self-control needed to be gentle is much more than the amount of strength it takes to just be rough." I love the thought provoking truth in this statement of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. Gross! I often have to remind myself of that truth, it's very hard to remember how important it is to be gentle. Thanks again!

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.