Poetry

7:17:00 PM
I don't know if you've noticed, but I really like poetry. It requires skill to write a good poem.


So, why do I like poetry? Well, here's a few reasons.

A poem is all about using as few words as possible to express what you want. No long winded speeches or lectures here.

A poet doesn't want to waste any words. Every single word must have some meaning. No words just for filling space.

A poem is all about conciseness. They make their point (often in a poignant way that we as the readers can easily remember) and then move on.

Poet's try to include vivid imagery in their poems. Metaphors, similes, personification, allusions, symbols, alliteration, and so much more fun stuff!

So, I like to write poetry. Most of the poetry I write is just for personal reasons, but today I thought I'd share a couple of my personal works. Enjoy!

Who Is He?

Who am I to second guess
Or raise a fist,
Or throw a fit?
Who am I to try and work
To earn my hope,
Or pay my way?
Who is He to listen to me
To change His plan,
Or love me still?
Who is He to come and die
To pay our debt, 
Or save my soul?
Who is He?
His name is Jesus
And His arms are always open wide.

He Cares

Some days are harder than others
With pain we feel we can't bear.
A story's being written about us
To show how much He can care.

When darkness just seems it has won
And God seems far from our path,
He leads us beside still waters
And comforts us with His staff.

Then, when we see rushing rivers
We're reminded Who's image we bear
As our hearts within us grow lighter,
We see how much He does care.


What do you think? 
Thanks for reading!

<3 blue topaz

P.S. How do you like the new design??

7 comments:

  1. I love your poetry, Ashley! Generally, I don't like poetry, namely, when it's confusing, too metaphorical, and hard to read, but your is amazing. I love your passion for Jesus. <3 *hugs* Wonderful writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! Haha yes some poetry can be quite interesting... But to each their own. *shrugs* thanks so much for reading!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful poems Ash! You are a blessing. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. New design is so pretty!!!! And love the poem it's really good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley!! Your poetry is so good! ❤

    My sister writes poetry, too, and Im kind of jealous of her skills. I just picked it up two days ago (thanks to Jonathan), and my poetry isn't any good. But I enjoy it so I think I'll continue writing it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks, Hann!
      Writing poetry takes practice so the more you do it the more you get the hang of it. I'm glad you enjoy it! I do too :)

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.