Purposeful Pages Link-Up

So, today I'm really excited to do a link-up that my friends Amanda and Hannah have started! What's this link-up all about, you ask?

Purposeful Pages Meme

Purposeful Pages is a monthly link-up designed to unite bloggers on answering questions about life, blogging, the Bible, writing, and books.

Doesn't it just sound so exciting?? 
All right it's time to answer some questions!

What verse and chapter of the Bible inspired you the most this past month, and why? 
One of my favorite verses I stumbled across this month was Deuteronomy 3:24.
"...for what God is there in heaven or in earth, that can do according to thy works, and according to thy might?"
It's really just a great reminder that God is all-powerful.
And favorite chapter this month? Probably Luke 6 just because I love it ;)

What’s a book (fiction or nonfiction) that you read or continued reading this past month that reminded you of an important truth?
I don't do a whole lot of reading... (don't judge I have a busy life) but last month I read The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne and it was so refreshing to hear the story being told by an innocent boy. It seems like we should all be like that. Also, I really came away with the gravity of human life and how precious it really is. Great book everyone. I would highly recommend it.

Do you have any goals for yourself this month? If so, what are they?
Yes, I have goals! Basically I need to finish all my course work so that I can graduate next month.(Hence, my busy life.) 

Have you discovered anything new or changed your blog around this past month?
I don't  know if any of you noticed, but I did redo the formatting on this blog. I think it turned out pretty good, especially considering my past tech experiences...

What is your favorite blog post that you wrote in June?
I think my favorite post was probably Fruit of the Spirit: Meekness.

What biblical character would you get along with the most, and why?
I think I would get along best with Mark. He seems like a kind of silent onlooker who there's not a whole lot about and I'm like that too.

Favorite new word unearthed from the dictionary?
Jayus - A joke so unfunny and poorly told that you can't help but laugh. :P

In the blogging world, what’s one thing you have learned about yourself?
It's slowly starting to take me longer and longer to craft each post, so I have to try and set aside more time when I want to post or pre-write the post several days before I post it.

What fictional character would you spend the day with, and what would you do?
Scarlett Blaine, Cliff, and Frank from Chasing Jupiter by Rachel Coker and then we could go peach picking and make peach pies. :)

Well, those are the questions! Fun, wasn't it? If you'd like to do the link-up check out Amanda and Hannah's blogs.

Thank you both for starting this! 

Signing off for now,
<3 blue topaz

2 comments:

  1. Eep, thanks a bunch for participating, Ashley! <3 Awesome answers! I love that word - Jayus - because it's so accurate to some terrible jokes. XD My posts have been taking me longer as well, so it's good to know I'm not alone! :) *high fives you*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for hosting, Amanda! You and Hannah came up with some great questions and I really enjoyed being able to participate. Haha well thank you :) I can't wait til next month!

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.