Words

4:38:00 PM

Words are a way we communicate good and bad things. There are many uses for words, some words will make someone’s day, and other words can do the opposite.

Deuteronomy 30:14:
“But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.”

As Christians, we should be using our words to encourage, and to lift up, along with telling others the good news.
Psalm 119:172:
“My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.”

This may sound simple, but I know at least for myself, always using uplifting and encouraging words can be hard. We can ask ourselves: “Is what I am saying kind, necessary, and true?”.
Proverbs 15:1
A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.”
If what is being said does not fit all three of those standards (kind, necessary, and true), then it is not worth saying. Sometimes, there will be someone who gets on my nerves, and I feel like saying things that are not kind, necessary, or true. When this feeling comes, what I should do is pray, and ask God to give me the right words. Sometimes I forget or choose not to pray first, and say things that I really do not mean. After doing an amazing bible study with my church, I was inspired to start saying at least one kind thing to at least one person every time I went anywhere. Doing this was very eye opening. At first, I found it a little hard to say anything, but as I continued doing it, and it has started to become easier. I never knew one nice thing meant so much, it convicted me that I had never thought of doing it before that point.
We have to be careful not to use our words as gossip.
Proverbs 11:13:
“A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.”

Yes, I know, the latest news about others is interesting, but we can always keep this question in mind: Would you want someone to say the same things about you that you say about others? If we follow that guideline, it can be a great help. I am still learning to follow the guideline myself. Lastly, there is ALWAYS a better way to say something. Harsh words should have no place in our vocabulary. Even if someone is doing something to one of your friends, and you don’t like it, you can still kindly stand up for your friend without hurting others in the process. Words are a gift we can use to bless and inspire many. Thank you for reading! I hope you have a lovely day! God bless!~Diamond 

4 comments:

  1. I love your insight and heart. I also love the Truth in them and they go hand in hand with the Bible study I am doing. Conversation Peace, it is so very important and takes much practice but your wonderful blog is such a good inspiration and reminder of how to walk and move through each moment of each day. All my love, Grandma Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grandma Evelyn! It brightens my day hearing from you!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea to make it your intention to say a kind word to everyone you come across. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Mrs. Gross! You already do amazing at compliments. Every time I see you, you have something nice to say. :)

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.