Diligence

4:34:00 PM
My favorite quote right now...Diligence:
Taken from Pinterest.



Hello Everyone. 

Yes, I'm back. I think the last time I posted was months ago..can't remember. But this gal is here and ready to write!! Yay!


I was thinking earlier this morning, what I should post about? After some thought, I realized that Diligence would be a good topic. because I haven't blogged on here in a long time, I'm actually calling myself out on this. I have not been diligent with posting, or even reading the posts from Topaz and Diamond.

What does the Bible say about Diligence?

Ecclesiastes 9:10 - Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do [it] with thy might; for [there is] no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest." ~KJV

Looking at this verse, I can see how I could greatly apply this to my life. When I have something I want to do (ride horses? Are you kidding! All day!) it is easy to apply myself, but when it is something that isn't a priority in my mind, although it may be to my mother (honestly....do the laundry NOW?) I tend to falter and not be as swift on my feet or do every chore with a happy heart, good mind, and do the work with..what? Diligence. 

I'm about to get real with you all. I am a lazy person. I don't like working, or doing chores, and just thinking about cleaning the bathroom makes me shudder. But this year, I made a choice. I decided I wasn't going to be as lazy anymore. I was going to clean that bathroom toilet. I was going to do those dishes....properly. I was GOING to FOLD THE LAUNDRY EVEN IF IT KILLED ME (no worries,even to this day it hasn't). 

Y'know what I found out? Geez, these chores are EASY. The work is ridiculously SIMPLE. It isn't at all compared to the workload I am going to have when I have a family of my own. So why not practice having a happy, content heart about work now? Why not prepare yourself?


Now, I am going to share a secret, and I should have listened to my mom the first time she told me this when I was 6 years old, but I had to learn at a older age when it isn't as easy to apply. I learned that work is fun, and calming. When you work, life becomes much easier. You have more free time, not as much overhead, and will be trusted with bigger things. Isn't that cool?! 

Now do not get me wrong, I am still lazy sometimes. As an example, I didn't post on this blog for months when I should have, and after this post I need to go clean the barn. But we are all a working progress. 

Why not join me? Make this week a week where you purpose in your heart to be super diligent. The result might just surprise you. :) 

~Sapphire










2 comments:

  1. I feel you. I'm so lazy (I tried on a shirt recently at a store that said "I'm not lazy. I just really enjoy doing nothing.")

    But I really liked this post. I sometimes find it so hard to do chores like dishes and sweeping. I remember when I came across that verse one day and I was inspired to really put my all into my chores. That lasted about one day. But I need to keep in mind that one day I'll have to do all those chores and a lot more when I have my own family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I would've grabbed that shirt from you so quick...;) But yes, Diligence is hard! Verses help me, too.

      ~Sapphire

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.