Modesty

2:05:00 PM
 
Being that I love fashion design, it’s sad to see what is happening to the latest styles. As ladies, we love to look beautiful, and to be fashionable, and there is no issue with that. It’s how we feed this desire for fashion that’s the problem. I have studied current fashion designs and, by my standard, have found many to be inappropriate. However, if changed slightly, can be made into darling modest styles. For example: really short dresses if modified make adorable skirts, also, shorter tummy-revealing shirts can be worn over longer shirts. So, for me, I have learned that I can still keep fashionable, yet at the same time be modest.
1Timothy 2:9:
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
Now, what’s the big deal about being modest anyway? There are many great reasons for dressing modestly, but some of the main ones are these:
We do not want to be a stumbling block to young gentlemen.
Out of respect for God and our parents
To preserve ourselves for our future husbands
I sometimes see fashion designs by people I look up to, that aren’t very modest. Sometimes, I find myself tempted to try and design something that would not be honoring to God. It’s really, REALLY hard to make the right choice, and sometimes I feel like maybe I’m missing out on something. I need to remember that I am missing out on nothing but heartache, and am honoring God by keeping modest. If dressed in an un-modest way, I am not representing Jesus well.
Something that I never understood when I was younger, was that people’s convictions about modesty vary, even amongst Christian believers. I had a childhood friend who always wore swim suits that (again, in my standard) were not modest. I asked her once why she wore clothes that weren’t modest, and she asked me: “What does modest mean?” So, some people simply don’t know. A way you can make a difference in the field of fashion, is to encourage and/or compliment the modest pieces of clothing other’s wear. When you do that, it may inspire them to wear their modest pieces more often. Thanks so much for reading! Have a lovely day! God bless!~Diamond
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Well thank you Diamond and Amen to all you said. And yes even among "christians" the lack of modesty in clothing and flesh they show is shocking to me. I really appreciate your wisdom and thankfully you have loving, caring, Godly parents who have not only brought you up in the Word, but have set the example, shown the way, and your families studying of the Word, to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of God is such a gift and as you know not the way of the world but to know and live your life for God and to be in the world but not of the World is a gift and blessing unto our Lord and Father in Heaven indeed. 🤗💕🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Grandma Evelyn! I am sorry for not responding, ever since we left for CA, I have had a hard time keeping up with things, but I plan on being more active now :) Totally agree, I am very grateful for my parents! Thank you so much for commenting, you always have something encouraging to say!

    ReplyDelete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.