Fruit of the Spirit: Joy


Wednesday September 21, 2016


Hello Gents and Ladies!
I apologize for not posting the last few weeks, I hope to be more active from now on. Today I will be sharing on joy.
            
Life is full of ups and downs, trust me, I know. It’s really tough to keep up joy, especially when it’s thought of as wearing a fake smile when life really isn’t going well. Unfortunately, life is never going to be that dream-come-true perfect life it’s sometimes imagined to be, which means that looking for joy in how things are going never works. Lately, my family has gone through a number of hard events, and I am not a great example of joy myself. It’s REALLY hard to have sincere joy when going through a dark time, but I try to remind myself that this world will never offer the joy I search for.
Now, does joy mean we are a-l-w-a-y-s supposed to be happy and gleeful? NO!

Psalms 126:5
“They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.”

We are still going to have hard times, and there will still be tears, but we can reap the joy God sends through the tears and difficulties.
The secret to real joy isn’t always smiling, or acting like everything is okay, it’s the joy we find in Christ. It’s seeing the small things Jesus does in our lives. It’s looking back and seeing that through hard times good eventually shined through. Now this good is perhaps not the good we thought it would be, but the good God planned for us.

Psalms 16:11
“Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.”

So, let’s try and have the best joy of all, the kind of joy found when we’re focused on Jesus, even when life isn’t going how we want!
Thanks so much for reading! God bless! ~Diamond

4 comments:

  1. Great post Emma! You're one of the most joyful people I know ๐Ÿ˜Š! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Emmaly, each week I have a look to see if you have a new post and I was so excited today to find one, I am thankful you are back online! Sometimes it does seem elusive to find joy in our days but, ... when we stay focused on our risen Lord, Jesus Christ, it always bring a smile.

    I am thankful that Tyler taught me how joyful it is to get a squeeze for love, he comes and takes my hand and gives me a little squeeze for love and so this is something I do regularly throughout each day to my Heavenly Father and my Lord Jesus, I send them a squeeze for love knowing that they are always beside me to receive it and that HIS fullness is in the circle of that Love that comes from above and to keep focused on the eternal kingdom.

    Thanks again for making me smile and giving me something joyful to read for my day, it is always a blessing, LOVE Grandma Evelyn ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Grandma Evelyn! Awww! Tyler is the sweetest! When he was out here visiting he would come up and give me a hug or a squeeze, and it sure made my day every time! Tyler is a great example of joy :) What you said is very true! What a great habit that is to send Jesus the joy you have! I should try to do that. Thanks again, I always look forward to your uplifting comments!

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.