Purposeful Pages: September!

Friday September 9, 2016

Purposeful Pages Meme

Today we have the September edition of purposeful pages brought to us by Amanda and Hannah!! Check out those links to find out how you can participate!

What Exactly is Purposeful Pages?
Purposeful pages is a monthly link-up designed to unite bloggers on answering questions about life, blogging, the Bible, writing, and books.

So, on to the questions!

no. 1 How have you been growing spiritually this month? What has God been teaching you?
God's been teaching me a lot. Including letting go, living for Christ, and praying more.

no. 2 When you’re under stress, what actions do you take that help calm you and keep you sane?
Hm this is a hard question... prayer is always helpful and singing can help calm me down too.

no. 3 Who are some people that inspire you, and in what ways do they do that?
Joshua, Alex, and Brett Harris have had a huge impact on my life. Joshua has written numerous books that have caused me to think differently about certain subjects (some of his books include I Kissed Dating Goodbye, Boy Meets Girl, Stop Dating the Church, and Humble Orthodoxy). Alex and Brett have written two books: Do Hard Things and Start Here; both when they were in their teens. Brett also runs The Rebelution which is a great website.

no. 4 Have you learned any tricks this past month that have helped you in your blogging journey?
Haha well not really this month... I'm not a very techy person

no. 5 What is it about a book that makes you keep on reading? If you’re a writer, how can you  incorporate that into your own books?
Probably the story line. Even if a book doesn't have very much action, if it has a solid, interesting story line I'll probably keep reading. Also if the main characters are relate able. If the good characters are all good and have no struggle, it doesn't seem real. And I'm not a writer so :P

no. 6 What’s a book cover (or album, movie, etc.) that describes your life right now, and why?
Ok, this is fun. I don't really have a reason... And I actually have't read this book but I've read Trouble which is also by Gary D. Schmidt and that was really good.
23719437
no. 7 Do you have a song in mind that you’d consider your current theme song? (Or a book, movie, TV show, etc.)
Current theme song? Oh another fun one. Maybe "When I'm With You" by Citizen Way? Or maybe "Turn Around" by Anthem Lights. One of those two.

no. 8 If you’re a writer, how do you see yourself incorporated (most of the time unknowingly) inside your stories?
I'm not a writer but I'm still going to leave this one here so everyone can see it. :)

no. 9 How have you seen aspects of God’s character through other people recently?
Several of my friends have showed me God's love and power.

no. 10 How long, on average, does it take you to put together a blog post? Are you the morning person working at 5 am, the afternoon blogger, or the night owl up until midnight trying to throw things together?
It depends on the post, but I usually start working on it right after posting the previous post. That being said, most of the time it only takes an hour or two. Although with my other blog it usually only takes 15 minutes. I normally blog in the afternoon, although if I have the post done, I'll post it first thing in the morning.

Well, that's Purposeful Pages for September! I hope you all enjoyed it and if you're interested in doing it check out Amanda and Hannah's blogs!


<3 blue topaz

No comments:

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.