Make it Your Own

11:00:00 AM
Hello Gents and Ladies! Today I will share on having our own faith.
What makes us Christians? Is it our parents, or our choice?
As children, choices were always through our parents, but as we grow older, decisions become our own. There are many Christians who have grown up in Christian homes, but that does not mean they are Christians. Living in a Christian home or having Christian parents does not make one a Christian.
Psalms 5:1
But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
We have to decide to be Christians for ourselves, we have to have our own faith in Jesus. If we only believe what our parents say because they said it, and we don’t have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, then we are not saved.
Though it is important to trust our parents, everything, even what they say, should be filtered through the Bible. Having an individual faith is EXTREMILY important. I hear several stories about “Christian” kids who went off to college, and after having their faith challenged, they gave up their faith. We cannot just trust on our parents to have answers for faith related questions, we have to know the answers as well. I have a problem where I will hear about this cool “fact,” and before I have checked if it is biblically true, I tell everyone near me with excitement. Though it is fun to read about and hear new “facts,” they should always be checked with the Bible. So, I am trying to work on not believing just anything…
Psalms 40:4
Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
As we grow older, I pray that God will help us to own our faith. Thank you so much for reading! Have a lovely day. God bless! ~Diamond


3 comments:

  1. Good words, nes that I have said myself many times almost verbatim. You are a bright young woman, ☀️🙏🏻💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are an inspiration and role-model to me. I love you!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.