My Favorite Book in the Bible

Monday October 24, 2016

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness ~2 Timothy 3:16 KJV
The Bible is really an amazing book. And we know that all of it is important.

But have you ever thought about what your favorite book in the Bible may be? A lot of us have thought of a verse we call our favorite, but what about a book?

Well, I've chosen one of my favorite Bible verses (in fact, you can read my post I did about it here), but I hadn't thought a lot about a whole book of the Bible to call a favorite.

Naturally, since my favorite Bible verse is in 1 Corinthians, I figured that was a good place to start.

And I literally fell in love with this book. I'm pretty sure I could highlight every single verse.

So, let me tell you why I love this book so much.

#1. One of the recurring themes in the beginning of the book is the wise vs. the foolish and the strong vs. the weak (1:18, 1:25, 1:27, 2:14, 3:18-19, 4:10). It shows how God uses the weak and foolish things to do His will. Which is such an encouraging message. That God can use our foolishness and weakness for His glory? That just blows me away!

#2. Then there's all the verses about our bodies being God's temple (3:16-17, 6:15, 6:19-20). Which is also amazing to think about. Of all the places that God could indwell He chooses us! He comes and He knocks on the door of our hearts and when we open up to Him, He makes us His dwelling place. How cool is that?

#3. Also, when Paul talks about "the single life". I'm sure a lot of us are familiar with chapter 7, where Paul talks about the advantages of being unmarried. And it's a great reminder that life is not all about romance and relationships.

#4. Then there's chapter 12. Talking about diversities of gifts in the body of Christ with an analogy we won't soon forget.

#5. And we can't forget the famous love chapter! Where God shows us a perfect example of what love looks like.

And really that's not even scratching the surface. This book is so full and rich!

So there's my short Bible study of this book. I'd encourage you to read the book sometime soon. I hope you're as blessed by it as I am.

<3 blue topaz

Do you have a favorite book in the Bible?

2 comments:

  1. Same, 1 Corinthias is one of my favourites as well. I distinctly remember the first time I PROPERLY read it and I was sorta mind-smacked with it's wonderfulness. THE FAMOUS LOVE CHAPTER. Gah, it gives me chills so much.
    I wouldn't be able to pinpoint a favourite book of the Bible though - it always changes depending on what I've read last! (I read 1 John recently and man, that one is beautiful too! Like... I can't choose. :-P)
    Great post... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Someone else who loves 1 Corinthians! Haha I so get that. Oh yes! 1 John is awesome as well. I'm pretty sure the whole first page of that book is highlighted in my Bible... :)
      Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from friends!

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.