Giving Thanks

Monday, November 21, 2016

I don't know if any of you noticed, but Thanksgiving is coming up in less than a week. So I thought it would be appropriate to write about what Thanksgiving is really all about.

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. ~ Ephesians 5:20 KJV
Thanksgiving is a great time of year. With fall in full color (and maybe a little winter that's snuck in as well) and all the food that gets associated with Thanksgiving dinner, it sometimes feels like the season of plenty.

And I think that's one of the reasons we celebrate Thanksgiving during this season. Because sometimes when we have so much, it's easy to forget to give thanks for all our blessings.

So I've put together a little list of some of the things I'm thankful for this season.

#1. My Family

My family is pretty cool. :P There's almost never a dull moment in our full house of 8 kids (5 of which are teenagers). And though we have our differences, we all manage to not murder anyone which I would say is a pretty big accomplishment. 

#2. My Friends

There's nothing like having those certain people in your life that can just make you smile no matter what you're doing. Since I've graduated, I haven't been able to see my friends nearly as often as I used to, and I've realized how much I took them for granted. 

#3. My Church

Although my dad recently stepped down from being a pastor at our old church, we've been able to plug in to a new church fairly easily. It's a lot different from our old church in that there's not really any teenagers (except us and the pastor's daughter) so that makes it a little difficult for me.

#4. My Job

Babysitting kids isn't the most glamorous job on the planet, and I definitely have some off days, but I'm so grateful to be able to be a part of younger kids lives and influence them. Also I'm grateful for the steady income it provides.

So there's a few things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving. 

What about you?

<3 blue topaz

4 comments:

  1. "We all manage to not murder anyone which I would say is a pretty big accomplishment."
    That statement made me laugh. XD SO TRUE when it comes to big families. Very relatable. ;) Fun post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm so glad you could relate! Yep I thought it was a pretty fun post as well. Thanks for reading, Rebekah!

      Delete
  2. This year I'm definitely thankful for my job and the flexibility I have with it. Obviously that's not the only thing I'm thankful for, but that one is definitely a new one this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great you have so much flexibility! A good job is definitely something to be thankful for.

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.