The Advantages of Journalling

9:08:00 AM

Monday, November 14, 2016

I love to journal. And I don't know if any of you are into it at all but today I'm going to talk about the benefits of journalling. 


Now, there are different kinds of journals. I currently have 4 journals that I use each for something different. But there are essentially two kids of journals: prayer and every-day-life.

Prayer Journals

Prayer journals are beneficial to spiritual growth in that they remind you of prayers answered over the years and God's faithfulness. I encourage you to have a prayer journal that divides into several different categories: one for praise, one for thanksgiving, one for personal prayer, and one for prayer for others. 

Every-Day-Life Journals

When you think of a journal, you probably think of this kind of journal. Where you can just throw your thoughts down on a page about your day, week, ect. These type of journals are beneficial in that they can help you put your thoughts into words. 
Sometimes, we can't really explain our feelings; but when we can get some of those feelings into words in our journal, it helps us better understand ourselves and be able to communicate that to others.

I have two other journals that I keep that I'm going to share with you - although they may be unusual and definitely optional! 

Poetry Journal

I don't think it's any secret that I like poetry. :) Not only reading it but also writing it. Many times I will write my thoughts in poetry style if I don't think I have enough words to write a whole journal entry about. Poetry is essentially condensing a thought into as few words as possible. It's a good idea to know how to say what you want to say in as few words as possible. 

Letters-to-my-Future-Husband Journal

Yes, it's kinda weird to write letters to someone you haven't met yet. But hey might as well start communicating with the guy now even if he can't read it just yet! I got the idea from Eric and Leslie Ludy. Eric wrote letters to his future wife before he got married to Leslie and they wrote about it in one of their books.

So what kind of journals do you all keep? I'd love to hear about them!

<3 blue topaz

6 comments:

  1. I don't keep no journals . My thoughts are too many to write down anyways. Sometimes they can be happy thoughts sometimes I have to deal with twisted and deranged thoughts that make no sense and ain't good .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's good to write down the sad things so that you can get it all out if you know what I mean. But hey I know journaling isn't exactly a guy thing so :)

      Delete
  2. I keep a regular journal. I tried the prayer journal thing, but it didn't last very long. I've heard about writing letters to your future husband on Girl Defined, but I couldn't get into that, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did serveral prayer journals before one finally stuck. Oh yes girl defined has done a post about that! Well it's not for everyone that's for sure. ;)

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love journals! I have one for when I study the Bible, one for my personal use and a lot of them for just random things, like my personal writing, notes over books or sermons or what not. But I like to think that my blog is the most permanent journal that I have!
    I love your blog and I'm so excited that I found it! Just followed your dear little blog <3
    -Lauren
    lovingourcreator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay someone else who loves journals! Haha well that's definitely a lot of journals ;). I've never thought of my blog as a journal before... that's a really creative way to think of it! Thanks so much for reading and following! I will definitely check out your blog!

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.