Bible Reading: Have a Plan

Monday, January 16, 2017

It's a new year which means you have a new Bible reading plan right? Maybe you don't have one in writing but in this post we're going to talk about how important it is to have some sort of plan when it comes to time in God's Word.


Here's some reasons to have some sort of plan for your Bible reading.

1. To keep you on track

I don't know about you guys, but if I don't have some sort of plan about what to read, then it may or may not get done. If I have a goal for the year - like read the whole Bible, or the whole Old or New Testament - than I have a sense of direction about where I'm going. Maybe I won't reach my goal, but as long as I'm in the Word every day, that's a good sign.

2. To keep you focused

If you have some sort of plan about what you're going to be reading, you stay focused on that specific passage. But if you just decided to flip open your Bible and read something, you may not be too interested in what you're reading or you'll miss out on the context. Which is our next point.

3. To keep you aware of context

If you're reading through something, you read through all of it. Am I right? You don't skip parts you think are boring or unimportant. If you skip something in your Bible reading you could miss out on the context of a passage; which could cause you misinterpret it.

One of the most important things to remember when doing your Bible reading is to really read what it's saying. Don't read just to check it off your list for the day. The Bible says:
"But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night." Psalms 1:2 KJV
 Guys, we should be always thinking on God's words. But how can we think on them if we haven't read them? So, get into your Bible this year and think as you read.

<3 blue topaz

2 comments:

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.