Looking Back: 2016

9:29:00 AM

Monday, January 2, 2017

2016 was a year of change. Are you ready to take a whirlwind look back at it?


~Changes~

Obviously, we all got a year older. Giving me only one year left of being in the teen years.

I graduated from high school and got my first "official" job doing childcare for two Classical Conversations groups.
I also started volunteering at a pregnancy center once a week and got involved with helping lead my little sister's Bright Lights group.

At the center with a new mom :D
 At the end of 2016 my dad resigned from being the pastor at Family Bible Church and we moved on to a new church called New Heights Baptist and are thankful for all the love and support we get there.

~Highlights~

In January, we did the annual Civil War Ball and had a blast! I had a new dress made and got to lend out my other two dresses to friends!


In February, I had my 18th birthday party (yes two months late, that's how we roll around here). And we did a murder mystery. We all got to dress up in medieval clothing and had to guess who was the murderer. I think only one person guessed the right answer!



















In May, we had our annual trip out to Nevada for Front Sight training. We had a huge group this year and had a lot a lot of fun. We all stayed in cabins near to each other and drove out there almost all together. 2016 was my third year to go. And yes I was the only girl again this year. :)


In June, the twins and I got to spend the day in Grand Junction with some good friends. We hope to do it again soon sometime!

In August, I graduated high school! 

In October, we traveled to the East Coast and got to visit my great grandpa for his 100th birthday. While we were over there we got to visit Washington D.C. which we had never visited before.

~In Closing~

This year was definitely a year of change and growth for us. We're thankful for all the adventures we got to have in 2016 and pray for many more in the years to come. God certainly did bless us in 2016!

What kind of adventures did you go on this year? Let me know in the comments section!

<3 blue topaz

7 comments:

  1. Great wrap-up! wow 100th birthday, it must be nice to visit your grandfather for such a special day! Sounds like 2016 was a great year for you. And I pray that 2017 will be another great year for you as you start a new adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it was definitely a special year. :) I pray that 2017 has many more adventures for both of us! Thanks for commenting rockie ;) and I hope you have an amazing 2017.

      Delete
  2. Wow, sounds like you had fun-filled year!! Hope your 2017 is even more amazing! Happy New Year, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That we did! xD thank you Livi and same to you!

      Delete
  3. What is front sight training? Just curious.

    Sounds like you had a great year! I'd write about mine in my comment, but I'm sure you read it by now on my blog haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Front Sight is a shooting school in Nevada we go to every year. It's really intensive but pretty fun when you go with friends!

      Oh I haven't been on your blog in a while! I'll have to check out your post. Can't wait to hear how it went tho :) thanks for commenting Christopher!

      Delete
    2. Ohhhh okay. In my Canadian-ness I'm unfamiliar with anything relating to guns. I suspected that's what it meant, but I didn't want to assume. Thanks! It's fun hearing what you've been up to.

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.