Looking Forward: 2017

Monday, January 9, 2017

Last post we talked about what happened in 2016. But now it's time to move forward.

"... but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of high calling of God in Christ Jesus." ~Philippians 3:13-14 KJV
 2016 is in the past. And I'm ready to put it behind me. I'm ready to move forward in 2017

 And this year I'm doing some things different than what I did last year. But I'm looking forward to the differences. Here's some things I'm doing different this year.

  • My Bible reading schedule - Last year I read a little from the Old Testament and then a little from the New but this year I have a schedule that breaks it up even more. But I'll talk more about that in another post.
  • A Planner - Yes, this year I'm using a planner and having a blast with it. I got a nice big one with some stickers and room for notes and photographs in it. Plus it has dividers!
  • A Devotional - I've never done a year devotional, but this year I'm trying it out. The daily reading is only about a page so it's easy to find time to do. 
Are you all doing anything different when it comes to Bible reading or devotional type stuff?

Well, this year I'm looking forward to:

  • Drawing nearer to God through Bible reading and prayer.
  • Developing better friendships at church and work.
  • Volunteer work with new moms.
  • Going to the gym with new friends.
  • Being able to mentor younger girls in Bright Lights.
  • Looking at colleges.
  • Turning 20!
Events that I'm looking forward to in 2017:

  • The home-school Civil War Ball (in about a week)
  • VBS Bible Club that our church will put on in the summer
  • Youth camp near the end of summer
  • Summer workshop for OYAN (for Jon and Jake and the rest of us are going to see friends)
  • Front Sight training in the fall
Ok... that's all I can think of that's going on this year.

Do you have anything that you're excited about that's happening in 2017?

<3 blue topaz

6 comments:

  1. Cool! Well when it comes to Bible reading all I'm going it making sure that I actually do it and enjoy it without making it just another thing I need to do. Since class keeps me busy its easy to make it just another thing to get done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good plan! I know sometimes when you have a schedule you just read to get it done so that's good that you're trying to just be reading it and enjoying it. As long as your spending some time each day in it; that's what matters.

      Delete
  2. Hey I'll be turning 20 in three months! I'm actually kinda sad about it though. I wanted to do my decision every day, but I've already failed that one. I want to accomplish a lot more this year. I'm a very unmotivated person, and it's hard for me to get out there and get stuff done. Like get a job. So I've been trying harder to get one lately. And I really need to get back to doing my praying and Bible reading in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant devotions, not decisions. **

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow 20 is getting old :0 yes well those are some good goals. It's important to remember that we may fail sometimes with those goals but that doesn't mean we should give up! So keep those goals and don't give up! Thanks for the comment celestria!

      Delete
    2. I know right!? Lol. And yeah I won't (:

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.