A Favorite Quote

I'm SO SORRY that's it's been so long since I posted here! My laptop broke a couple weeks ago and it's been hard to find time to borrow someone else's and write a post. But I'm back! (And hopefully there won't be anymore unexpected breaks anytime in the future...)


So, today I thought I'd share a favorite quote with you all and do a little ramble about it. (Did I just say ramble? I meant that I've totally planned what I want to say. not)

Well, here's today's quote:

Now, that's not to say that material things can't be a blessing. I think this quote is trying to get our focus off those material things and see how blessed we are in non-material things; like our faith, family, and friends.

In fact, I think those things can be more of a blessing than our material wealth.

Actually, the verse that this blog is based on says:
 "The trial of your faith, being more precious than of gold that perisheth..." (1 Peter 1:7 KJV)
Material things are temporary. 

In the epistles, Paul frequently refers to his audience as brethren, signifying their unity in Christ. The church is very much our family in God's eyes. So, we should treat them as such!
"... and a brother is born for adversity." (Proverbs 17:17 KJV) 
And then there's the blessing of good friends earlier in that verse:
" A friend loveth at all times..."  (Proverbs 17:17 KJV)
Then main point here is that material things will vanish in a minute but there are some things that are eternal. And those things are the things we should be focused on.

So, are you blessed today?

<3 blue topaz

2 comments:

  1. I like that quote! Thanks for sharing.
    Also, I wanted to say your blog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like that quote too! Aw well thank you very much Arnica! And thanks so much for leaving a comment!

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.