Dealing With Fear

Monday, June 26, 2017

This is my last Dealing With post for a while. I may come back to this series at a later date, but for now I'm going to be moving on to a new series which I'll introduce next post!

Do you get easily afraid? And I don't mean like a sound in the night type of scared, I mean a deeply rooted fear that never seems to leave?


Fear paralyzes us. It makes us do things we normally wouldn't do and scares us out of things we might have done.

There are many different forms of fear (anxiety, insecurity, ect.) that can drain the joy out of our every day life.

When we're climbing up "fear mountain", we're aware of every little thing that's going on around us - and we always think that the worst thing is about to happen. We're stuck because we so want to make it to the top but we're scared of what will happen on the way up.

That's a good way to describe fear; it's wanting to do something so bad but being afraid of the outcome of it. So, we decide to not do it at all.

Fear will control our lives if we let it. We can't let everything that's going on around us make us fearful. God's still in control. Do you think anything surprises Him?

Don't let fear control you and keep you from the life God has in store for you. Sure, sometimes God may ask you to do something scary, but if you step out in faith and overcome that fear, I promise you that it will be worth it.

Maybe not here on earth but definitely up in heaven.

"And the Lord said unto Joshua, Fear not, neither be thou dismayed." Joshua 8:1 KJV

9 comments:

  1. One of my favorite people in the Bible is Boaz. If we look and study his life we see a God- fearing, great + strong man despite his families past. But the one thing he struggled with was fear. Fear seems to grip me certain times of the year, but I know now that God is in control, though I often like to try to take that control from him. Thanks for the post and excited to see what your next one brings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thanks for sharing your thoughts! I would definitely agree. It's easy to try and take control from God, but thankfully our finite minds will never be able to comprehend all God has in store. Keep fighting your fear Paige! Thanks for the comment and for reading this post, girl. I love hearing from you!

      Delete
    2. And I really
      Liked how you compared fear to a mountain

      Delete
  2. So true. In all honesty, we all have fear but there is only one GOOD kind of fear. That is fearing God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow great point, Evan! Thanks for pointing that one good fear out. And thanks for taking the time to read and comment; I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
    2. At the same time when it comes to other types of fear sometimes it is justifiable . Like for example the fear that You will get attacked by lions if you enter a lion cage at a zoo ( I know that's a stupid example.) Or jumping off a building I'd be afraid to do that. So when does fear and common sense come together and how do we separate eachother ?

      Delete
    3. That is a very good point. Those are some great examples about when fear is good. I guess the bottom line would be to ask the question 'would God want me to be afraid of this?' If it's something that could cause you harm then that's probably a good fear to have. But if it's something that is hindering you from your relationship with God or other people it may be a bad fear. It definitely requires some discernment :) thanks for the feedback, Evan!

      Delete
  3. Good post! I haven't been here in a while and I like the new layout of the blog, it looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celestria! I'm glad you liked it! Yep, I decided it was time for a change :P Thanks for dropping in! It's always great to hear from you!

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.