Dealing with Grief

Monday, June 19, 2017

Do you have things in your life that make you sad? Are you wondering if you'll ever "get over" the grief that you deal with?


Sadness can hit us from all different angles. Whether in the form of someone dying, an ended relationship, or a lost job - the triviality of the occurrence doesn't always lessen the sadness.

Everyone goes through something that will make him sad.

When we're climbing up "grief mountain", we feel weighed down by the heavy weight of sadness - maybe we're scared at the prospect of a future without that person, relationship, or job.

The thing about grief is that it demands to be felt. You can't keep pushing aside you're feelings because they will come to the surface.... possibly in ways you don't want them to or expect them to.

You've got to give yourself time to grieve. Don't push aside your sadness and think it will just go away. Because it won't.

A word of warning though - you do sometimes need time to grieve but don't live there. Give yourself some time and then move on. Moving on is a process but you can make it to the end. There may be times where you still get sad when you think about that certain situation, but once you've moved on you don't let that grief control you.

At first, you may feel grief every day but over time it becomes only a pang every once in a while.

So take time to grieve, but don't live in that grief. The God who allowed that situation in your life is completely able to help you heal from it.


"For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling." ~ Psalms 116:8 KJV

5 comments:

  1. I needed to hear this, but I didn't really want to xD *Sigh* But thank you though, I needed this. :) I hope you're doing well! God bless,

    Christopher Green

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, bro. I know what you mean. Sometimes what we need to hear isn't always what we want to hear. Thanks for the comment! I'm sorry I've been slow at replying recently... we had a crazy weekend which included VBS at our church. Hope you're doing well too brother :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the post. Recently my grandmother died of ALS and it has been super hard. Death and grief are two things I have been struggling with emotionally and the thoughts that seem to come with it expectantly.
    BTW, how have you been? Did you have a good week? God bless you, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that Paige! :( Thanks for sharing here; I'm always interested in what my readers are going through. :) I've been doing great! Thanks so much for asking! It's been a tiring week for me, but it was fun too. How about you?? How's your week been?? Thanks for the comment girl, you light up my day :D

      Delete
    2. My week has been great too, busy, but good. Thanks as well!

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.