Dealing with Heartbreak

Monday, June 5, 2017

Have you ever been broken by someone else in a relationship? Have you ever fallen for someone only to find out that he (or she) wasn't who you thought he was?


Heartbreak is often referred to within the context of a relationship between a girl and a guy who are interested in each other in a "more than friends" way. Whether their relationship is official or not doesn't lessen the pain of a heartbreak.

Heartbreak is hard because it hits us out of nowhere. Here we are in a nice relationship with a nice person and suddenly something's not working.

When you're climbing up "heartbreak mountain", your whole plan for the future may be shattered. You were thinking this was The One, the person you were going to spend the rest of your life with. But suddenly everything has gone to waste. The friendship you built, the memories you shared, the emotions you had. Your life is turned upside down - literally.

So many people place their worth in a relationship. So, if it doesn't work out it's devastating.

I think something a heartbreak can do is give us a wake up call. It's like saying "hey I know you like this person but sorry it's not going to work out. How much of your worth were you putting into this relationship again?"

That's why we have to be so careful when it comes to relationships. That we're not placing our happiness and well-being in someone else.

Heartbreak is a difficult pain to deal with because it continues. It's not just like one day you wake up and you're good. It takes time to heal from it. It's a process of healing that comes day after day and it's not something that you can just "get over."

There are some times where we don't want to get into a relationship because we're scared that it might end in heartbreak.  Because it's hard to be vulnerable with someone else.

But please don't get knocked down by the fear of heartbreak. Heartbreak is something you can overcome. Though it may take awhile to do so.

Here's another article I found about dealing with heartbreak: Dealing With the Heartache of a Breakup

<3 blue topaz
"The Lord is nigh to them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit." ~ Psalms 34:18 KJV

7 comments:

  1. Just coming away from a relationship myself, I can agree that we can put too much happiness in another person. We have to make sure our focus is on loving the other person and putting Christ at the center and not just what we can get out of it. Just because you have heartbreak doesn't mean that you were doing something wrong though. It's normal to miss the emotional connection you have with someone that doesn't end in marriage because ultimately, we were made for that. Finding Jesus in the midst of heartbreak is definitely what I have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I couldn't agree with you more, Lauren. It's pretty common for your first relationship to not work out for some reason or another and it could not be because either of you did anything wrong. Thanks for your input here Lauren and taking the time to read this post!

      Delete
    2. Hey Ashley I tried to respond last night but my laptop froze. I haven't had a girl in ages and I have convinced myself that I am ugly and stupid and that's why. The fact I am Bipolar can show at times and I feel like no girl will like me cause of my mental illness and my episodes/mood cycles. That's my thoughts about relationships . Is that the doing of Satan or what ? The feeling of everyone thinking I'm a maniac makes me struggle with self worth and I know God does not see me as insane. Is this natural to lack self worth ?

      Delete
    3. Hey Evan! Thanks for reading the post and taking the time to comment. As to some of your questions, I think they would best be answered if you were to talk to someone who you know loves and cares about you (like your parents, pastor, or a teacher). Also be reading your Bible to see what God says about things like that! I'm not really qualified to give you advice on that subject. I can tell you that if it is God's will that you get married one day, He will bring along the right girl at the right time who will love you for who you are. Thanks again for the comment Evan and for reading the post! Keep living for Jesus!

      Delete
    4. i'm sorry if i made you feel uncomfortable.

      Delete
  2. Good thoughts Ashley. Heart break can be hard, but it's not the heart break that defines us, it's what we allow God to do with it.

    Pain happens, but our response is a choice, not an automatic thing. We need to use our heads, and learn where we can, so God can use us in his strength moving forward. Easier said than done, but God didn't promise us an easy road, just a great purpose along the way, and a wonderful destination at the end of this life, and a wonderful guide and traveling companion on the journey: Jesus Christ.

    God bless,
    Christopher Green

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thanks so much for your input here Christopher!

      I like how you said that our response is a choice... that couldn't be more true! We can choose to be angry or we can choose to be gracious and forgiving. Yep, it definitely takes some discipline sometimes but you're absolutely right about our Christian journey! I'm so thankful for all of God's promises through this life, especially through the difficult parts.

      Thanks for the comment, Christopher! :)

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.