Dear Christian, Don't Be Half-In

Monday, July 3, 2017

As I mentioned last post, I'm starting a new series today! Yay! This series is called Dear Christian, and it's basically designed to challenge Christians in their walk with the Lord. Hope you all enjoy!


Have you ever been in a situation where you have one friend who just won't take a side in an argument? That one person who just wants to ride on the fence and have his beliefs be left in obscure phrases and sayings that don't really mean anything?

Don't you just hate it when people do that? When they try to sit on the fence and be friends with both sides of the argument?

Well, that's what I have to talk about today. Sitting on the fence.

You see, people do that with Christianity.

They want to be Christians but they also want to be friends with the world.

They're sitting on the fence of Christianity.

They claim to be Christians but at the same time they embrace all the things the world embraces.

They don't go to church. They don't read their Bibles. They don't live like they've been changed.

But they claim to be Christians.

There's something that bothers me about this current mindset of Christianity. The idea that you can become a Christian but not really change your lifestyle.

I have big news for you if you have this mindset: Christianity should completely change the way we live. It should affect every aspect of our lives.

We shouldn't be sitting on the fence as Christians. It should be clear to the world which side we're on.
"....know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God?" ~James 4:4 KJV
If you knew the winning side of an argument, wouldn't you back it up all the way? Wouldn't you tell others who were in error?

How much more then should we be all in when it comes to matters of life and death?

Dear Christian, are you only a "half-in" Christian?


8 comments:

  1. good job with your article and I so agree with the false Christians

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you don't find it awkward that I'm a guy and it seems unless I'm wrong your blog is probably targeted for a female audience...... sorry if I come across as a luntic

      Delete
    2. Haha I don't think it's weird at all! I try to target my audience to all young people but since I am a girl I probably relate more to other girls. But I'm really glad you like reading and commenting, Evan! I wish I had more guys interested in my blog :P

      Delete
  2. ooh yes, I really liked this. It's so true. When Jesus comes into our lives, people need to be able to see it. Because, honestly, if no one can see the difference...it's time to start wondering if it's really there? Which is, of course, very hard to do. But crucially important. Because this is our eternal life at stake?? Everything is crucially important.

    Aaand also. Hiii. I'm new so I should say hello. :P I'm also officially very good a splurging in comments when it comes to posts like this so sorry in advance for all the randomness that might happen.

    Loved this a heap and I can't wait for more of the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, great point, Jane! Jesus even said in the gospels that "ye shall know them by their fruits." (Matt. 7:16) As Christians, we aren't called to be like the world but actually separate from it!

      Haha and hello to you! Thanks for checking out my blog! I love having new readers :) And thanks for dropping a comment to let me know!

      Delete
  3. Great post Ash! I love you! Proud of the young woman you are!

    ReplyDelete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.