An Open Letter To My Peers

Monday, September 18, 2017

This will be my last Open Letter post for now. I will be transitioning into a new series about Friendship so be sure to check back next week for my introduction post and the surprise I have planned! Enjoy the post!


Dear Peers,

We're all around the same age, trying to figure out this "growing up" thing. We're living in a world that tells us what that means, but also attending churches that say something different.

We're surrounded by the influence of the world all the time, and are fighting our own personal battles with it.

We're starting to wonder if the church really has it all figured out or if the world does. There's a pull on all of us to get out there and experience it.

Just a taste. Nothing too bad. We just want to see. We're just curious.

Friends, we need each other. We need each other to remind us why we're not out in the world.

We need each other to stand firm; not just for our own sakes, but for the sakes' of others.

We understand each other. We're walking this road together. We listen and we give advice.

Let's stop competing with each other - for attention, for popularity, or for friendships - and let's band together in a way that will encourage us to be more like Jesus every single day.

Let's stop being a stumbling block to each other - we all have different standards - but let's band together with the same goal in mind: To become more Christ-like

Let's stop tearing each other down - in our talk, attitude, and demeanor - and start encouraging each other.

Let's be friends to each other and carry each others' burdens as if they were our own.

When we have each other's support, it's so much easier to stay the narrow road and keep walking in godliness.

Sometimes we need that little push in the right direction - that right peer pressure - to keep ourselves from stumbling.

God gave us peers for a reason; which peer will you be? One that tears down and discourages Christian living or one that upholds and encourages it?

"A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." ~Proverbs 17:17 KJV


Photo by Becca Tapert on Unsplash 

2 comments:

  1. I feel a little like I comment the same thing every time but it's still true. I'm really encouraged by all these posts of yours. :)
    I really want to be the friend who always makes people smile and pursue God with a greater passion and purpose. I want to encourage and spur my friends on to living for Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I don't think so! :P I'm so glad you get encouraged by reading these posts! Being a good friend and having the right ones can be difficult sometimes but it's always worth it in the end. :) Thanks for sharing Jane!

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.