Thoughts on Friendship // Hann Remraf

Thursday, October 12, 2017


Today, I'm introducing Miss Hann Remraf to you all! Although she doesn't currently have a blog, she's frequent in the blogging community and I want to welcome her here today!

Miss Hann is going to share a little bit of her own story of the struggle of not having close friends. And for some of us out there, it's definitely a reality. If you'd like to read more about the topic of loneliness and how you can overcome it, check out this post.



Friendship is a touchy subject for me. My family moves around a lot, so I very rarely am able to develop a friendship for more than a few years. And, honestly, being homeschooled does not help, because I am forced to limit my picking pool to church and my neighbourhood. Not that those are bad places, but when there are hardly any teenagers in either of those places, it becomes very hard to make friends.


I am an extrovert. I thrive off having friends, and when I don’t have any, it takes a huge toll on me. So often I catch myself thinking about whether anyone likes me or not, and if anyone doesn’t like me, does that mean I’m worthless? (a thing I’d advise NOT to do)

Friends Are Important

It’s been over a year since I had a super close best friend (besides my sister). It’s fantastic, honestly, to have someone to build you up in character and to help bring you closer to God. To have someone to tell everything, someone you know won’t tell. Someone you can talk about boys with or discuss your favourite books. Just someone who will be there when you need them. It’s amazingly relieving. And without that, I sometimes feel empty.


f8437009d4e7d2e2b701933cf2c91f2b.jpg
Proverbs 18:24b
Being Lonely Isn’t Fun

Have you ever stood at the edge of a room, against a wall, eyes downcast and absently scrolling through your Pinterest or Instagram, checking your messages even though you know nothing new has come up, or refreshing your email because you’ve nothing else to do?


Have you ever watched a group of people interact only to have the deepest sense of sadness fringe your gut because you don’t have that?



Have you ever had a secret or have something super exciting happen, and the first thing you want to do is tell someone? But you can’t because you don’t have anyone to tell.

Yeah, that’s called having no friends. It's hard. It’s painful.

This isn’t a Happy-Ending Post

For me, I still haven’t found those special best friends I can do everything with. I’m still in that dry “friendless” desert called My Adolescence. But I hold—no, cling—to the hope that I will find someone one day. Maybe it’s just God teaching me patience, or to rely on Him. Maybe one day I will find the BEST friend and s/he will be all mine.

I don’t know.

And I kind of like it that way.

About

Hann Remraf is a homeschooled, teenaged Christian writer, aspiring to spread the Light of God through her stories. She enjoys reading and editing her friends books, and hopes to one day achieve employed editor status.

Sometimes, not knowing is right where God wants us. :) Thank you for sharing, Miss Hann, and I hope you know you have a whole community of friends here. <3

This post is for those of you out there who feel as though there is no one whom you can all a close friend. Yes, it can be lonely sometimes, but we're not suppose to be getting our worth from our friends. We're suppose to be getting it from God.

If you're struggling with loneliness remember that God is always right there when you need Him and He will never leave you or forsake you.

"for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." ~ Deuteronomy 31:6 KJV
Do any of you struggle with not having close friends?

Photo by Caleb Frith on Unsplash


3 comments:

  1. Great post, Hann! Very deep thoughts, thanks for sharing. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post, Hann! <3 I can relate to some of this, as closest friends are 'internet friends'. Which is awesome, don't get me wrong, but sometimes you just want to hang out with someone. ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.