Thoughts on Friendship // with Jane Maree

Monday, October 2, 2017

Today we have our first post in our Friendship series! Our guest blogger today is Miss Jane Maree, and you should definitely check her out at her website >> here. After the post you'll be able to learn a little more about her if you don't already know her. :)



Friendships are an incredible part of God’s design for our lives. There are so many things to say about it, but I wanted to just take a small peek at being a good friend, not just having good friends.

Your friends aren’t just there for you. It can’t be a one-way relationship—you take their time and effort, but don’t give back. It doesn’t work that way. Friends are for you to help and support, just as much as they help and support you.


These quotes (yes, three. Because I’m indecisive and couldn’t choose just one) are three things that I aspire to. Every day, I think about making someone smile. Making someone’s day just that little bit happier.
It’s like the golden rule, basically. Do to others as you’d have them do to you. You want good friends who encourage and build you up? Then be that good friend to someone.
A friend is someone who makes you smile. Who listens. Who is willing to help and sacrifice their time. Who can just be there to stand in companionable silence.
Today’s culture is a lot about getting. Getting the best this or that, or more than that person over there. But as Jesus-followers, we’re called to be different.
If we start being the good friend, instead of just wanting the good friend, I think we’d definitely stand out.
I aspire to be a beam of light. The one who brings a smile to my friends’ faces. The person who brings a happy feeling just with the mention of my name.
What about you?
If you'd like to learn more about Miss Jane, check out this page. <<

Let's all say "thanks" to Miss Jane in the comments for taking her time to write a post here!

"A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly..." ~Proverbs 18:24a




10 comments:

  1. this has actually been on my mind a lot lately. and yep, I want very much to be those three things for my friends. *nodnodnod* thanks muchly, Jane! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great thing to be aspiring to. You're absolutely welcome, Krystal. <3

      Delete
  2. Beautifully put, Jane! Really enjoyed this. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  3. What fantastic aspirations, Jane <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Jane! It was quite the pleasure having you here! :) Thanks so much, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for having me! I really enjoyed it. :D

      Delete
  5. Love this post! I especially like that you, Jane, mentioned silence as being a vital part to friendship. I tend to want to tell someone where they are wrong or how the could make things better but most often, all they really need is someone to just be with them. "Companionable silence" books call it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ah yes, that is something that can be hard to do, but it definitely is important. I love the term 'companionable silence'! Sometimes it really is the best way to be someone's friend; just to be there, even if you're not talking or anything. :)

      Delete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.