Thoughts on Friendship // ashley nicole

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Hello everyone! The friendship series is coming to a close, and I wanted to do one last post to wrap it all up.

We've heard from a lot of my blogger friends through this series, and I'm so appreciative to them for joining in and writing these posts.

First, we had Miss Jane Maree who wrote about being a good friend and not just having good friends. You can read her post here.

Second, we had Mr. Tim Utekal who talked about what the purpose of godly friendships should be. You can take a look at his post here.

Third, we had Faith Potts who also talked about being a friend and our responsibilities in a friendship. You can read her post here.

Fourth, Hann Remraf came and shared her story of not having close friends and how hard that can be. You can read her story here.

Fifth, Marrok MacIntyre came on the scene and he shared about two things that are necessary in true friendship. You can read his post here.

Sixth, we had Abigayle Claire jump in and share about having intentional friendships and she gave some good pointers to know whether you have a good friend. You can take a look at her post here.

Seventh, Jonathan Trout (my little bro) came and talked about friendship tips from Proverbs. Be sure to read his post here.

Eighth, we had the privilege of hearing from Rebekah Eddy who wrote about choosing friends wisely. You can check out her post here.

And last, but definitely not least, Christopher Green shared about his 16 year friendship with his friend Tyler and some things he's learned through it. Don't skip out on reading his post! You can read it here.

And here I am, wrapping it all up. It's kind of sad, don't you think? I've learned a lot through this series and I loved being able to hear from some different bloggers on some of their ideas of friendship.

As I was thinking about this series, I happened to look up at the bulletin board in my room. It has pictures on it and some other fun things, but one thing stuck out to me. There was a little note that had been inside a fortune cookie (probably from Panda Express lol) and it said this:
"The only way to have a friend is to be one."
And I was thinking that this was one of the main themes of this series. That we should be being a friend and that should be one of our main focuses.

Because when we're being a good friend to others, we attract other people who are good friends as well. Sure, sometimes we'll find someone who will just want to use our good friendship for their gain, but there will be plenty of other people who are searching for a good friendship.

So, let's be that friend to others.

Did you enjoy our month of friendship? (Isn't it crazy that it lasted a whole month??)
Is there anything you learned from it?

6 comments:

  1. Thank you a heap for organising this, Ashley, it was really cool to read everyone's thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for contributing, Jane! I couldn't have done it without you!

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed this series, Ashley! Thanks for asking me to take part in it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I was so blessed to have you write a post :)

      Delete
  3. I loved this whole series of posts Ash! It was a great idea and all of the input was a great help to me.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anonymous comments but would be appreciative if you would leave your name when commenting. Thanks for commenting here; I really appreciate your feedback!

More Precious Than Gold. Powered by Blogger.